This easy air fryer garlic bread recipe features thick slices of bread liberally spread with garlic butter and air fried to golden perfection. Prepare the best homemade garlic bread in an air fryer or oven using this simple 10-minute recipe!
The best homemade garlic bread
Garlic bread is most definitely that one dish that everyone loves regardless of heritage or age – it’s packed with flavor with the most satisfying crisp edges, and goes well with practically any dish on your dinner rotation.
At the beginning of my cooking journey, I often resorted to buying frozen garlic bread until I learned how unbelievably easy it is to make at home and how much more delicious it is when it is made with fresh ingredients.
If you’re like me, leftover sliced bread is always a common theme in the fridge and I think everyone can agree that the best way to put plain slices of bread into use is to make fresh aromatic garlic bread that’s full of buttery flavor.
Best of all, it takes just 4-5 minutes to prepare garlic bread in air fryer, in which the homemade garlic butter is as simple as putting 3 simple ingredients together in a bowl.
This easy garlic bread pairs wonderfully with my popular Melt-In-Your-Mouth Italian Meatballs or virtually any pasta dish including Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti, or Creamy Shrimp Rose Pasta.
Thanks to its versatile flavors, air fryer garlic bread makes for an effortless side dish for any occasion or even the perfect midday snack that the whole family will love.
What do I need to make air fryer garlic bread?
This easy garlic bread recipe calls for simple ingredients that are easily found in your fridge and pantry, hence why they are always my go-to appetizer or side dish.
Here is everything you’ll need for this air fryer garlic bread recipe:
- White bread: of your choice. I personally like using thick-sliced Italian bread, but you can virtually use any type of artisan loaf of bread you have on hand. French bread, ciabatta or baguette are all popular options!
- Garlic: lots of it!
- Butter: softened at room temperature.
- I prefer using salted butter for convenience, but you can also use unsalted butter and just add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- To soften your butter quickly, pour hot water into a glass or ceramic bowl that’s large enough to fit over your butter.
- After a few seconds, dump out the water and cover your butter with the hot empty glass using oven mitts, and you will have silky soft butter in just a few minutes!
- Parsley: fresh or dried. You will need just a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley for this recipe, which can be substituted with a teaspoon of the dried alternative.
- Parmesan cheese + red pepper flakes: optional.
- I recommend using freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, but you can also use mozzarella or just skip it altogether.
And that’s it! All the ingredients you need to make your garlic toast in air fryer.
How to store leftover garlic bread
As simple as this recipe is, it can also be easily doubled or tripled to make a larger batch to serve on future occasions.
There are three methods of storing leftover garlic bread: at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Here are simple instructions for each method:
At room temperature: storing your garlic bread on the counter will retain the best texture, and can be kept for 1-2 days. If you prefer them to be warm, you can pop them in your air fryer for about a minute and serve them right away.
In the fridge: leftover garlic bread can be stored up to 3-4 days in the fridge. To reheat, place them in an air fryer for about 2-3 minutes at 350ºF.
In the freezer: after you have spread the garlic butter mixture onto the bread, you can freeze them in a single layer and transfer them into a freezer-safe bag or container to enjoy at a later time.
To reheat frozen slices of garlic bread, place the bread in a single layer and air fry for about 5-6 minutes at 350ºF.
And that’s it! Everything you need to know in making your own garlic bread in air fryer.
Can I use an oven instead of an air fryer?
Most definitely! If you do not have an air fryer, you can follow the same instructions to prepare the garlic bread but use an oven instead. Simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 400°F.
I hope you enjoy this air fry garlic bread recipe as much as I do! As usual, for any questions you might have, please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram and I would be happy to answer them. Happy cooking everyone!
Other easy Dinner recipes you may like:
- Garlic Turmeric Rice
- Chicken Katsu (Japanese Chicken Cutlet)
- Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
10-Minute Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 4 slices thick white bread or french bread, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup (57g) salted butter softened, or unsalted butter with 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, or 1 tsp dried parsley
- parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes optional
- Add garlic, butter, and parsley to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Liberally spread one side of the bread with the garlic butter mixture. Garnish with parmesan cheese and/or red pepper flakes if desired.
- Slice the bread into small pieces and place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350ºF for 3-5 minutes to your desired crispiness. Serve warm and enjoy!
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!
This was so easy to make and turned out so delicious. Thank you for another wonderful recipe!
Hi Elle; Today I have made this delicious garlic bread and I thank you infinitely for putting these recipes on air frier. We are living in difficult times, but in Europe we are frankly annoyed with the electricity and gas issue; we have come to pay 1200 euros per KW/hr. Yes, crazy. So, you will imagine that putting the oven is completely impossible. Once again I thank you and I hope you make more recipes in this small appliance. Take good care of yourself precious. Kisses
My boys were big fans! Needed to air fry for 8 minutes for our preferred toasty level (in a cosori dual blaze). Thanks!
Totes gonna make this. Love your recipes