Brighten your morning with this delightful recipe packed with nutrients. This is my all-time favorite brunch to prepare for the busy mornings and even on the restful weekends to treat myself and my loved ones. Made with just 4 ingredients, this breakfast staple can be made in just under 5 minutes, to perfectly complement your cup of coffee or tea!
Avocado Toast with Sunny-Side-Up Egg
I fell in love with avocados on my trip to Tulum, Mexico last year, where I was inspired by the local cuisine and their versatile ways of incorporating the fruit into their dishes.
Avocados not only taste delicious, but they offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving including potassium (to help blood pressure control) and folate (in keeping your heart healthy).
They are also an excellent source of B vitamins, which strengthens your immune system, fighting off disease and infection. More reasons to love this hearty fruit!
With that being said, this recipe is my go-to breakfast or brunch to fuel my body but also my tastebuds for the day coming ahead. On a regular morning,
I would prepare bread slices (I prefer Multigrain) in a toaster, spread it with cream cheese, topping it with avocados and eggs and garnish with some spices for a finishing touch. For the eggs, you can either prepare:
- A sunny-side-up egg, as in the recipe
- A boiled egg, perfect to prepare in advance for the busy mornings, or
- A poached egg
- Bring water and a tbsp of vinegar into a light boil, spin the water in a circular motion, and crack the egg in the middle of the “water tornado”, and lightly boil for 3-4 minutes depending on your preferred consistency
The best part about this recipe is that it takes only a few minutes to prepare, and it’s packed with nutrients and taste to start your morning right.
Enjoy everyone! Please leave a comment below or message me on Instagram with any questions you might have!
Other easy Brunch recipes you may like:
- 10-Minute Tomato Egg Stir Fry
- Fluffy Egg Salad Sandwich
- Korean Egg Drop Sandwich
- Volcano Korean Steamed Egg (Gyeranjjim)
- Eggslut Breakfast Sandwich
- Strawberry Sando (Japanese Fruit Sandwich)
Avocado Toast with Sunny-Side Up Egg
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices multigrain sourdough bread
- cream cheese, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Toast the slices of bread on a skillet or a toaster.
- Spread with cream cheese on one side.
- Cut the avocado in two halves, remove the seed, and slice starting from the ends. Place on one side of toast.
- Fry the eggs on a skillet, adding salt to taste. Add on top of the sliced avocado.
- Top with grinded pepper and red pepper flakes and serve.