These Banana Nut Muffins will send you to heaven with its incredibly moist and soft texture topped with a delightful crunch of chopped walnuts. The delectable aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg add to the sweet banana flavor to create the perfect treat for your senses.
Ultra-Moist Banana Nut Muffins
One of my best-loved baking recipe to this date is the Ultra-Moist Banana Bread. After receiving such positive feedback, I decided to share the muffin version of the recipe, with slight alterations and additions of new spices to upgrade the flavor.
Muffins are one of my favourite things to bake due to its sheer simplicity and short baking time (exactly 1/2 of the time of a loaf), but also because they are easy to grab-and-go and share with your friends and family.
This Banana Nut Muffin recipe is my current favourite due to its heavenly taste and texture, and here are some important tips to guide you in the process:
- Use 3 large overripe bananas. This ratio to the dry ingredients is key as it will give you the perfect moist texture on the inside. Using bananas that are overripe will add natural sweetness to the muffins and make them extra delicious. If you don’t have any ripe bananas on hand, here are 3 different ways to quickly ripen them:
- Place them in a brown paper bag and close loosely. Let Ethylene work its magic!
- Prepare unpeeled bananas (works best when they are not overly green) on a baking sheet and place in an oven set to 300°F – checking frequently until the peels become shiny and black.
- Poke around the banana peel with a sharp knife or fork, and place them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Let cool and check for a desired softness, microwaving for an additional 30 seconds and continuing if necessary until the preferred ripeness is obtained.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until it becomes a chunky paste texture to add to the mixture. Please avoid using a blender as you want to maintain the thick texture. Bananas should mash with ease as long as they are overripe and soft.
Sift all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl before mixing it into the wet mixture. This will make the batter much easier to handle and evenly mixed. It’s also important to mix them just until they are combined to keep the texture light and fluffy.
Depending on the size of the muffin tray, adjust baking time to achieve the perfect golden texture. For mini muffins the perfect timing is 10-15 minutes in the oven, and 25-30 minutes for large muffins.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and happy baking! Please leave a comment below or send me a message on Instagram if you have any questions. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Other easy Dessert recipes you may like:
- 3-Ingredient Korean Strawberry Milk
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Ultra-Moist Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Sando (Japanese Fruit Sandwich)
Ultra-Moist Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin pan with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork into a chunky paste.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into muffin pans and top with crushed walnuts. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (10-15 minutes for mini muffins).