This Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea is the ultimate treat for your home adventures with its velvety smooth texture and heavenly taste. This has been the most highly requested recipe of the Dalgona series, and rightfully so. Enjoy this delicious brown sugar milk tea today, made with or without boba. Your tastebuds will thank you!
What is Dalgona?
My Dalgona series, so far consisting of Dalgona Whipped Coffee and Dalgona Matcha Latte, has received an explosion of interest due to the Dalgona Challenge, a viral trend that has inspired people all over the world to create their own at-home beverages, creating a fun activity to indulge in while we do our part in social distancing.
After sharing my Dalgona Matcha Latte recipe, I received an influx of requests for a milk tea version, which I am truly excited to share with all of you.
What consists of Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea?
My go-to choice at a bubble tea shop has always been pearl milk tea, and more recently brown sugar milk tea has been my favorite.
Strongly brewed black tea, fresh milk, and the added richness of caramelized brown sugar truly make up to be a heavenly combination that makes the drink to be ever-popular around the world.
This Dalgona version brings together all of those elements, as well as the velvety smooth whipped texture that the foam provides, to make the ultimate comfort drink in the comfort of your home.
To make Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea, you will be following a similar process to Matcha Dalgona Latte, in using the egg white, which can also be substituted with aquafaba, to create the froth.
It requires simple ingredients just like the others in the Dalgona series and only takes a few minutes to make. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Egg white or aquafaba, to be whipped to create the fluffy foam – similar to making meringue
- Black tea and brown sugar, to be boiled together to create the syrup
- Milk and a handful of ice to serve, which can be substituted with almond or soy milk
- Tapioca pearls, optional
This crossover between milk tea and Dalgona makes up to be the absolute perfection in a homemade drink. I hope you all have fun with this recipe, and please leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other Drink recipes you may be interested in:
- Korean Strawberry Milk
- Brown Sugar Boba
- Dalgona Matcha Latte
- Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake
Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea
- 1 cup milk substitute with almond or soy milk if preferred
- 1 large egg white or 2 tbsp aquafaba
- handful of ice to serve
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 black tea bags or 10g black tea leaves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or Muscovado sugar
- 80 grams tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water
- [Optional] To prepare the boba, bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add the tapioca pearls and reduce the heat to medium. Cook tapioca pearls until softened, for about 20 minutes or according to package instructions. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the tapioca pearls once they have reached the desired texture, and transfer them into a cup.
- In a small pot, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add black tea bags and remove from heat. Steep for about 6 minutes and remove tea bags/leaves. Add brown sugar, and boil for about 8-10 minutes until it reaches a thick syrup consistency. Cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg white and mix on high with a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes, until soft peaks form and it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Slowly add the warm syrup into the egg mixture while continuously mixing.
- In a cup (with boba if desired), add a handful of ice, milk, and top with the brown sugar tea foam. Mix well and enjoy!