Brighten your morning with this heavenly breakfast. These golden Churro Waffles are rolled in heaps of cinnamon sugar, served with some maple syrup for that extra sweetness!
A decadent breakfast
Waffles are hands down one of my favorite breakfast dishes to make when I have a bit more time in the morning.
Growing up, fresh waffles seemed to be a pure delicacy as they were only served at dessert cafes or buffets, and the only way I could enjoy them at home was through the frozen kind, which doesn’t even come close to the pure taste and texture of this dish.
It wasn’t until last year that I decided to invest in a Belgian waffle maker and it’s definitely been a golden tool for any occasion – for breakfast, dessert, and to make savory meals such as Chicken and Waffles.
Although there are many ways to enjoy waffles and endless topping options, this recipe is one of my favorites as it’s delightfully simple but tastes absolutely divine!
Homemade cinnamon sugar
Although this sounds complex at first (at least it was to me), cinnamon sugar only requires two ingredients (take a guess!) – that is cinnamon and granulated sugar!
I like to make a container worth and sprinkle it on French toast, doughnuts, or cookies to make snickerdoodles.
All you need to do is combine 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon (found at the spice section at grocery stores) in a small container and shake it around to combine well.
In just two minutes, you have a golden topping that adds a sweet touch to any desserts.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe, and please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram for any questions!
Other dessert recipes you may like:
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Ultra Moist Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla Madeleines
- Mango Sticky Rice
Easy Churro Waffles
- Belgian waffle maker
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- melted butter for brushing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron. On my particular waffle maker, I've set the temperature on medium. Beat together flour milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Combine until the lumps are smoothened out.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small container. Close the lid and shake well until well combined.
- Prepare preheated waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into waffle iron and cook until it stops generating steam and waffles are golden brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Take waffles out of the iron and split into fours. Brush one side of the waffle with melted butter and roll in a plate of cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately with an optional side of maple syrup. Enjoy!
All I can say is WOW.. Tried them for breakfast this morning… made my day
Cinnamon sugar idea for our regular waffle is a good idea, I’m gonna make it tomorrow, hopefully, my kid will like it. Thanks for this