Happy International Waffle Day! These Cinnamon Roll Waffles bring together all the goodness of a cinnamon roll in your breakfast waffles to create the most heavenly combination. Drizzled with cinnamon topping and cream cheese icing, this recipe is a simple and delicious way to satisfy your cravings, all in the comfort of your own home.
How to make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
One of my most popular recipes to date is the Easy Homemade Churro Waffles, which combined one of my favorite desserts with breakfast waffles in just a few minutes.
Today I wanted to share with you another combination that I love – cinnamon rolls with waffles! I absolutely love having waffles for breakfast as they are so simple to prepare yet so delicious.
Making the batter itself is incredibly simple, but please feel free to use a waffle batter mix if you have any. Any kind of waffles will complement the cinnamon and cream cheese drizzle, which is the key to this recipe.
Out of all my essential cooking equipment, my Belgian waffle maker has been so essential to many of my mornings, as it is versatile for any occasion – breakfast, dessert, and even savory meals such as fried chicken and waffles.
Although there are many ways to enjoy this dish, these cinnamon roll waffles are one of my absolute favorites to satisfy my ever-growing sweet tooth.
One of the best things about this recipe is the simplicity of preparation, as it is just a matter of combining ingredients while letting your waffle maker do most of the work on your behalf.
As I’ve mentioned earlier, the highlights of this recipe is the cinnamon topping and cream cheese icing drizzled on top of the waffles, and they are both delightfully simple to make. Here is what you will need:
- Cinnamon topping: Brown sugar, melted butter, and ground cinnamon
- Ceram cheese icing: Confectioners’ sugar, softened cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt
Mix the ingredients together in separate bowls, and set aside to give your breakfast waffles the ultimate upgrade! As the cream cheese icing calls for softened butter and cream cheese, I recommend leaving these ingredients out 30 minutes in advance, to prepare for mixing.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and wish you the best day ahead! Please feel free to leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions. ♡
Other easy Dessert recipes you may like:
- 3-Ingredient Korean Strawberry Milk
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Ultra-Moist Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Sando (Japanese Fruit Sandwich)
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Belgian waffle maker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
Cream cheese topping:
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 package cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat waffle iron and adjust heat based on preference.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt together. In another bowl, beat together warm milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Combine wet mixture with the flour mixture and stir until the batter is just combined. Do not overmix.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and ladle batches of batter into the iron and cook until waffles are golden and crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
Cinnamon topping and cream cheese icing
- In a medium bowl, add brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon and mix together. In a separate bowl, beat together confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, softened butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Serve waffles by placing them on a plate and drizzling cinnamon and cream cheese icing on top.