This easy Crab Avocado sandwich makes for a perfect summer staple with its healthy yet irresistibly delectable taste. Packed with fresh guacamole and crab salad wrapped in soft buttery bread, this recipe is a perfect complement to a bright and sunny day.
How to make the Crab Avocado Sandwich
This two-part sandwich recipe consists of creamy guacamole and flavorful crab salad. These two fillings are a match made in heaven that complement each other perfectly.
For the creamy guacamole, you only need two main ingredients:
- Fresh ripened avocados
- To find out if an avocado is ready to eat, peel back the small stem at the top of the avocado. If it comes off easily and it is green underneath, it is ready for preparation. If the stem does not come off, the avocado will need a few more days to ripe. To speed up the ripening process, place unripe avocados in a brown paper bag with a banana for two to three days until they become ripe and soft to pressure.
- Cream cheese, for the creamy texture
- Salt and pepper to taste
Imitation Crab Salad
For the crab salad, preparing the flavourful dressing is key. Here are the main ingredients for the salad:
- Crab imitation sticks, shredded with a fork. If you are working with frozen sticks, leave in room temperature for about 10 minutes and they will defrost on their own.
- Red bell pepper (substitute with green bell pepper if desired, or add both)
The dressing is packed with a variety of tones including:
- Mayonnaise (I prefer to use light mayo that is 1/2 the fat and calories)
- White or red onion, diced
- Pickle, diced (relish would work as well)
- Lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
As these fillings are made with fresh ingredients only, preparation is quick and easy. To assemble the sandwiches, lightly toast one side of bread slices on a buttered skillet, and pack with guacamole and crab salad in order.
This recipe is a must-try for the bright and sunny summer days, one that will bring a wonderful delight to your tastebuds. Hope you enjoy this simple yet delicious recipe, and please leave a comment below or send me a message on Instagram for any questions!
Crab Avocado Sandwich
- 6 milk bread buns (or any bread of your choice) sliced in half
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 avocado
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados and add cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well together.
- Shred crab imitation sticks with a fork, and add to a separate bowl. Add red bell pepper. In a another small bowl, combine mayonnaise, diced onion, diced pickle, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Add to the crab salad and combine well.
- Prepare a skillet on medium-low heat and melt butter onto the surface. Lightly toast one side of bread slice until golden brown.
- Assemble sandwiches by filling them with guacamole and crab salad. Serve and store leftover salad in the fridge.