Jumpstart your week with this velvety smooth Dalgona Whipped Coffee, that calls for three simple ingredients to make the best ever homemade Iced latte. Join in on this global coffee trend and make your own Instagram-worthy drink at home!
What is Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
Dalgona Coffee (달고나커피) is a recent trend originating in South Korea which has been surfacing all over the Internet to enliven the social distancing movement.
It has been making waves on TikTok and Instagram, as it is a fun way of upgrading your regular cupboard ingredients to a delicious frothy Iced latte, in the comfort of your own home!
To signify its texture and appearance, it has named after a popular Korean street snack named Dalgona (honeycomb toffee), which is made of heating brown sugar, corn syrup, and baking soda.
How is Dalgona Coffee made?
This coffee is delightfully simple to make with only three ingredients: instant coffee powder, sugar, and milk of your choice. I strongly recommend using an electric hand mixer if you have one, but you can also go the manual way of using a whisk for that some extra arm muscle. 💪
I hope this recipe brightens up your week, and please do leave me a comment below or send me a message on Instagram if you have any questions! 👇🏻
Enjoy and stay safe everyone!
Other Drink recipes you may be interested in:
- Brown Sugar Boba
- Dalgona Matcha Latte
- Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea
- Sweet Potato Latte
- Easy Homemade Iced Coffee
- Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake
Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk substitute with almond or soy milk if preferred
- ice to serve
- In a small mixing bowl, add instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a 1:1:1 ratio, and mix on high with a hand mixer for about 3-4 minutes, until soft peaks form and it reaches a frothy consistency.
- Add ice into a cup and pour milk. Top with the frothy coffee mixture and serve.