This homemade garlic bread elevates any dinner table with its perfectly crisp edges and irresistible flavors, with each piece of bread liberally spread with garlic butter and toasted to golden perfection. The ultimate way to use up your leftover slices of white bread!
Easy & quick garlic bread
Garlic bread is a classic side dish for every occasion thanks to its comforting and versatile flavors, and pairs well with any main dish including pasta, salad, soups, stews, or to be enjoyed on its own.
I’ve spent many years purchasing frozen packs of garlic bread until I found out how simple it actually is to prepare your own homemade garlic toast.
Simply grab a pack of white bread (I always have some lying in the fridge), prepare the garlic butter, and liberally spread each piece with that magical goodness and toast them in the oven.
Just like with any toast, you can also adjust the baking time to achieve your desired doneness for each occasion.
You can either bake them for less time to make them soft & fluffy on the inside (best for pasta or soups) or make them extra crunch to snack on throughout the day.
This easy garlic bread pairs well with any main dish that you can think of, including but not limited to soups, stews, grilled meats or vegetables, pasta, salad, or any seafood dishes.
What do I need to make homemade garlic bread?
Making garlic bread is incredibly simple, and calls for only 4 ingredients that are commonly found in your pantry. Here is everything you’ll need for this homemade garlic bread recipe:
- White bread: of your choice. I personally like using thick-sliced Italian white bread that I always have in the fridge, but you can virtually use any type of artisan loaf of bread you have on hand.
- Garlic: lots of it!
- Butter: softened at room temperature. I prefer using salted butter for convenience, but you can also use unsalted butter and just add in a bit of salt to the mixture.
- Parsley: fresh or dried. You will need just a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley for this recipe, which can be substituted with a teaspoon of the dried alternative.
- Parmesan cheese + red pepper flakes: optional. I recommend using grated Parmigiano Reggiano for when you prefer your garlic bread to have a cheesy flavor. You can also use mozzarella cheese or just skip it altogether.
And that’s it! All the ingredients you need to make your own batch of quick garlic bread. The recipe will yield 4 whole pieces of bread or 12 small pieces, but the recipe can be easily doubled or tripled based on your preferred portion.
Can you make garlic bread in advance?
Most definitely! I often make this easy garlic bread in batches so I have them readily available for when I make my last-minute meals.
After you spread the garlic butter onto the bread, arrange them on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. This is to ensure that the individual slices won’t stick together.
Simply pop them in freezer bags or freezer-safe containers, or wrap your pieces individually in foil or wax paper.
When properly stored, your pre-made garlic bread should last in the freezer for up to 3-4 months. When you are ready to serve, add just 1-2 minutes to the baking time, or until the edges are golden brown.
And that’s it! Everything you need to know in making your own delicious batch of easy garlic bread.
I hope you enjoy this homemade garlic bread recipe as much as I do! As usual, for any questions you might have, please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram and I would be happy to answer them. Happy cooking everyone!
Other easy side dishes you may like:
- 10-Minute Korean Cucumber Salad
- 5-Minute Silken Tofu
- Mayak Eggs (Korean Marinated Eggs)
- Korean Braised Potatoes (Gamja Jorim)
- Easy Tuna Pancakes (Chamchijeon)
Easy 15-Minute Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and combine garlic, butter, parsley, and parmesan (if using) in a bowl.
- Spread one side of the bread liberally with garlic butter. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
- Bake the bread for about 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cut the bread into smaller sections if desired, and enjoy!
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!