Add a splash of colour to your morning with this Green Smoothie Bowl of blended avocado, banana, and kale, topped with fresh fruit, granola, and shredded coconut. Turn your favorite smoothie into a satisfying meal today with this healthy and delicious recipe!
How to make a Green Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are, without a doubt, one of my favorite choices of breakfast not only because they are healthy and delicious, but because they are so delightfully simple to make.
One of my housewarming gifts moving into my first apartment in college was a Magic Bullet Blender Set, which I still use almost every day of the week. My morning routines usually consist of a fully packed smoothie filled with fruits, greens, seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup, all blended for a burst of flavor and nutrients!
On my off days, I like to upgrade this into a smoothie bowl, topped with my favorite mix of fresh fruits, granola, and other scrumptious toppings to start my morning with a blast of energy.
One of the best things about smoothies is that they are so versatile, and you can be creative with the toppings of your choice. The recipe I am sharing with you today is one of my favorite combinations, which are the following:
- 1-2 cups of kale leaves
- 1 frozen ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-1 1/2 cups coconut milk or almond milk (alter based on desired thickness)
- a splash of maple syrup
To prepare smoothies, I usually have frozen bananas, berries and greens that are prepared in advance in the freezer. If you do not have any frozen in advance, feel free to add a half a cup of ice to the blend, but I strongly recommend using frozen ingredients to preserve the taste.
Although avocado and banana are essential to this recipe, kale can be substituted with another green of your choice, including spinach, swiss chard, or anything you have on hand. Other nutritional components such as flax seeds, chia seeds, or even protein powder can be added as well. Smoothies are meant to be fun and creative!
As for toppings, I like to add a mix of fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.), sliced kiwi, and a whole bunch of multigrain granola (I use the low-fat kind). Topped with unsweetened coconut shreds, it makes for an ultimate smoothie bowl full of delightful elements for your tastebuds.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful week ahead! Please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other easy Brunch recipes you may like:
- 10-Minute Tomato Egg Stir Fry
- Fluffy Egg Salad Sandwich
- Korean Egg Drop Sandwich
- Volcano Korean Steamed Egg (Gyeranjjim)
- Eggslut Breakfast Sandwich
- Strawberry Sando (Japanese Fruit Sandwich)
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1-2 cups kale leaves or other greens
- 1 ripe avocado frozen
- 1 banana frozen
- 1-1 1/2 cups coconut milk or almond milk alter based on desired thickness
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 kiwi sliced in half or in chunks
- 10 blueberries
- 4 blackberries
- 1/2 cup granola multi-grain
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 drizzle maple syrup
- In a blender, mix all smoothie ingredients together into a creamy smooth blend. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Arrange all toppings onto the smoothie and serve immediately.