With its breathtaking design and premium cutting experience, the Kiritsuke Chef Knife from KOTAI is a true game-changer. It’s the perfect tool for cooks of any level, to give you the confidence and control you need to perform best in your kitchen.
I have been on the search for a quality kitchen knife for a long time and had the opportunity to partner with KOTAI to review one of their best selling knives, the Kiritsuke.
✨ Click here to jump to the exclusive discount code!
The Importance of a Good Knife
I can’t express enough how important your tools are in the kitchen, as having a quality knife can truly transform your cooking experience. There’s nothing that feels better than having a knife that feels natural to hold, to perform seamlessly to your needs.
Having a reliable knife in your workspace is crucial in giving you the confidence and control you need to perform to the best of your ability, to make creations that you are most proud of.
Investing in a premium kitchen knife is also a good long-term investment, as they are designed to maintain their shape for a lifetime, as opposed to cheaper knives which lose their quality over time, forcing you to buy a new knife every year or so.
I was pleased to find out that this particular knife is handmade with premium 440C steel from Japan, which is a high-carbon stainless steel that makes the knife extremely sharp and maintains its condition much longer than other steels, as well as resists corrosion, and stains. With proper care, the blade will never rust or turn dull.
KOTAI was born as a bridge between Asian and Western cutlery. Light, precise, and ultra-sharp like a Japanese knife yet stainless, sturdy and very durable like a German knife.
Japanese precision, Western robustness. Best of both worlds.
Upon receiving the knife, I was immediately blown away by the packaging and the design. The knife itself has a breathtaking design with impeccable detailing while carrying a beautiful sheen. The mosaic pin on the wooden handle was also a memorable feature.
As soon as I held the knife, the pakkawood handle was so easy to grip and felt natural in my hands. The weight distribution was perfect, and thanks to this knife, my cooking sessions have been far more enjoyable and effortless.
Slicing, rock chopping, dicing, julienne, brunoise… whichever cut I needed to perform, this knife made every action to be seamless and precise, and it was an overall premium experience that I have not had with my low-end knives.
My favorite feature, aside from the beautiful detailing, is definitely the razor-sharp blade that makes cooking so effortless and precise. Japanese chef knives have always been world-renowned for their outstanding performance, and this knife was a true testament to that.
Overall, this knife hit all my boxes for a perfect knife, in comfort, durability, aesthetic, versatility, performance, etc. I would highly recommend checking them out if you are looking to invest in a lifetime companion in the kitchen!
- Handmade from master knifemakers with high-end Japanese steel from Aichi. It takes 138 steps over the course of 2 months to handcraft each KOTAI knife!
- Razor-sharp knife. Kiritsuke is made of Japanese 440C with a carbon content of 0.95%, a premium steel that balances a high carbon content for hardness, sharpness, and edge retention with the perfect amount of chromium to prevent corrosion. The blade, heat-treated to HRC 59 hardness, keeps its razor-sharp edge cut after cut.
- Easy to maintain and rust-resistant (thanks to the 17% chrome alloy). The hammering of the blade also prevents food from sticking to the blade.
- Ergonomic design. The perfect weight distribution and hand-polished pakkawood handle have been designed to cut effortlessly through the toughest food without compromising on comfort.
- Fully hidden tang for better balance, strength, and durability.
- Lifetime warranty. KOTAI stands behind their products 100%, which is why they offer a lifetime warranty if your KOTAI knife does not live up to your expectations. Each KOTAI knife also comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
Special discount for my readers! 💝
Just for you guys, I am excited to offer an exclusive 15% discount on any purchases you make on the KOTAI store. You can activate the code through this link here, or by entering “COOKERRU” at checkout!
I hope you enjoyed this review, and please do leave a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions! As always, happy cooking everyone!
It looks gorgeous! Will get one for my bf’s birthday