This Seafood Spaghetti Marinara features al dente spaghetti served with a rich marinara sauce with shrimp, mussels, and calamari. This intensely flavourful spaghetti makes for a perfect weekend dinner, best served with a side of garlic bread.
When I envision the perfect Spaghetti, this dish immediately comes to mind. I adore cooking pasta with seafood as they bring in such rich flavors and textures into the dish, resulting in a plate full of heavenly delight. After receiving amazing feedback after my previous recipe on Spaghetti Alle Vongole, I decided to share with you another one of my seafood pasta staples, this time prepared with a rich marinara sauce.
How to make the best Seafood Spaghetti Marinara
- After dicing the onions and garlic, separate portions in two as these ingredients will be used as a base for both the sauce and seafood mix, which are cooked separately in two different skillets.
- Cook spaghetti noodles for no more than 6 minutes as the key to this recipe is the al-dente texture of the noodles. When tossing the noodles with the sauce, the noodles will absorb the flavors while achieving the perfect texture.
- Remember to set aside around 2 tablespoons of pasta water, as it will be used to control the consistency of the dish.
- Plating and aesthetics are key to the presentability of this dish. I’ve left one shrimp fully intact with head and tails for the final decoration. Cooking procedures remain the same as with the other shrimp counterparts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please feel free to leave me a comment below or send me a message on Instagram for any questions. Happy cooking!
Other Dinner recipes you may like:
- Easy Shrimp Pad Thai
- Kimchi Udon Noodle Stir Fry
- Chicken Katsu Curry
- Shrimp Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce
- Spaghetti Alle Vongole (Spaghetti with Clams)
Seafood Spaghetti Marinara
- 100 g spaghetti noodles
- 300 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp basil fresh or ground
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large shrimp deveined and cleaned
- 1 fully intact shrimp for garnish
- 6 mussels scrubbed
- 50 g calamari cleaned and sliced into 1cm rings
- 1 tbsp white wine
- salt and black pepper to taste
- parsley flakes for garnish
- Bring water to a boil and season with salt. Add spaghetti noodles and stir around the pot. Boil for 7 minutes and drain while saving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss the noodles with olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Prepare shrimp, mussels, and calamari and set aside together in a bowl.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat, and insert half of the garlic and onions. Once the onions are semi-translucent, add crushed tomatoes and mix well. When the sauce comes to a boil, add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and basil. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until thickened, and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in another skillet on medium heat, and add in the rest of the garlic and onion. Cook until the onions are semi-translucent. Add shrimp, mussels, and calamari and cook while tossing them around the pan. Stir in white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked through, stir in tomato sauce and mix well. Stir in spaghetti noodles. Add in pasta water as needed to lighten the consistency and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Garnish with parsley flakes and serve.