This Shrimp Avocado Crostini adds an elegant touch to your morning with its delightful aesthetic and taste. Featuring a toasted baguette topped with fresh arugula leaves, avocado, and savory shrimp with homemade creamy dressing on top, enjoy this beautiful brunch made in the comfort of your home.
To this day, one of the best-loved recipes of my blog is the Avocado Egg Toast, featuring a sunny side up egg on avocado toast with cream cheese.
Avocado toast is one of my favorite things to make in the mornings due to its delightful taste and health benefits. This recipe makes for a perfect weekend brunch to serve with a side of tea to catch up with your loved ones.
Tips to make the perfect avocado shrimp toast
- Cut a freshly baked baguette in thin slices. I suggest cutting them in an angle to have enough surface area for the toppings. I continue by heating up a skillet and coating the surface with butter, then placing baguette slices for a light toast.
- To prepare the shrimps, I defrost my frozen shrimps in a small container with cold water, letting it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, I pat dry the shrimps with paper towels and grilling it on a lightly oiled skillet. Follow by seasoning the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika powder and grilling both sides until the edges are golden brown.
- Prepare avocado by removing the stem, cutting it in half, extracting the seed, peeling the skin, and cutting thin slices in order. Wash arugula leaves and set them aside for topping.
To make the perfect creamy dressing
The highlight to this recipe is the creamy and savory sauce for the finishing touch of the dish. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Mayonnaise (I prefer to use light mayo that is 1/2 the fat and calories)
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Curry powder
- Diced onion
This dressing has many tones of delightful aromas and makes for a perfect dressing to complement the shrimp and avocado. To prepare for later use, double or triple the portion and save in a small container to use with sandwiches, burgers, or paninis.
Hope you enjoy this delightful recipe and have a lovely week ahead! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me on Instagram for any questions.
Other easy Brunch recipes you may like:
- 10-Minute Tomato Egg Stir Fry
- Fluffy Egg Salad Sandwich
- Korean Egg Drop Sandwich
- Volcano Korean Steamed Egg (Gyeranjjim)
- Eggslut Breakfast Sandwich
- Strawberry Sando (Japanese Fruit Sandwich)
Shrimp and Avocado Crostini
- 4 slices baguette
- 1 avocado sliced
- 12 small shrimp deveined and deshelled
- olive oil extra virgin
- paprika powder, salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Arugula leaves
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp butter
Creamy Mustard Dressing
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp onion diced
- Add butter to a skillet on medium heat and lightly toast baguette slices on both sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, curry powder, and diced onion to prepare the dressing.
- Lightly oil a skillet on medium heat and add shrimp. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- On each prepared baguette, spread a little bit of mayonnaise, adding Arugula leaves, avocado, and grilled shrimp in order.
- Top each toast with dressing, red pepper flakes, and pepper and serve.
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!