Topped with seasoned grilled shrimp, fluffy scrambled eggs, and spinach, this Shrimp and Egg Open Sandwich has an explosion of delicious flavor in every bite. Indulge in this beautifully crafted open sandwich with a cup of warm tea or coffee and start your day on an uplifting note.
As you can tell by the influx of brunch recipes on my blog, brunch is definitely my ultimate favorite meal of the day. Living a busy life in the city, I find myself rushing a toast with Nutella half-spread, or quickly grabbing a piece of banana to treat my hunger in the morning.
This busy routine is what has built my appreciation for a well-crafted breakfast on the weekends, a time to sit down and truly be mindful of my thoughts. This open sandwich has been a recent favorite of mine, and one that truly satisfies your tastebuds.
Elements for the perfect savory taste
Although the main components of this open sandwich are the grilled shrimp and eggs, here are a few things you will need for this recipe, coupled with a homemade spread:
- Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Large Egg mixed in with
- Fresh spinach
- Bread slices for toasting (I used light rye bread for this recipe, but feel free to use your choice of bread)
- Salt, pepper, paprika, butter, olive oil, and crushed red pepper
- Homemade creamy dressing (as seen previously in my Shrimp Avocado Crostini recipe) made with the following ingredients:
- Mayonnaise (I prefer to use light mayo that is 1/2 the fat and calories)
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Curry powder
- Diced onion
With these ingredients on hand, this open sandwich can be made within a matter of minutes for you and your loved ones to enjoy. Serve with a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee and indulge in every bite. I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram for any questions!
Other Brunch recipes you may like:
- Shrimp Avocado Crostini
- Crab & Avocado Sandwich
- Butter Shrimp Croissant Sandwich
- Fluffy Egg Salad Sandwich
- Avocado Egg Toast
Shrimp and Egg Open Sandwich
- 6 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 slices bread
- salt, pepper, ground paprika, crushed red pepper to taste
- olive oil, butter to taste
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp onion diced
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with a bit of water or milk. In a skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil and butter and scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare olive oil in a skillet and lightly stir around the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grill the marinated shrimp and season with ground paprika. Cook until the shrimp becomes pink and fully cooked.
- Toast the bread slices with butter, and spread with the homemade dressing.
- Assemble the open sandwich with spinach, scrambled eggs, and grilled shrimp, and top with freshly ground pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.