This quick & easy shrimp rose pasta features spaghetti noodles smothered in a tomato cream sauce infused with garlic, onion, and chili, and loaded with juicy succulent shrimp. This simple and indulgent pasta is so flavorful and decadent, it will instantly become a weekday favorite!
What is Shrimp Rose Pasta?
During my visits back home to South Korea, one of my favorite things to do is explore fusion pasta dishes around the city, as there are localized menus that are made to cater to the Korean palate.
Amongst many innovative dishes, one particular dish always stood out to be the most popular, a dish called “Rose Pasta” (로제파스타) to describe its rose-colored sauce.
Contrary to the name, Korean-style rose pasta does not call for any alcohol – making it an inclusive dish for anyone to enjoy.
Often served with spaghetti noodles, this dish was unique for its harmonious blend of cream and tomato sauce, fragranced with delicious aromatics, and often tossed in with bacon or shrimp to add additional flavor and texture to each bite.
How is Shrimp Rose Pasta made?
If you are like me, you’d find yourself often contemplating between tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce to pair with your pasta, but this tomato cream pasta truly satisfies both cravings, in the most delicious way possible.
After many sessions of trying to recreate the dish, I am so thrilled to have perfected the ratio of ingredients to be as indulgent and delicious as the creamy shrimp pasta I’ve initially fallen in love with.
Juicy, succulent shrimps are a heavenly match to the creamy sauce and paired with the aromas of onion, garlic, and red chili, this creamy tomato pasta is truly one of the most satisfying pasta dishes I have tried thus far.
To make it even better, shrimp rose pasta is incredibly easy to prepare, and only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! Paired with the easy 15-minute garlic bread recipe, you’ll have yourself a heavenly feast to truly pamper your tastebuds.
What do you need to make Shrimp Rose Pasta?
Every component of this rose pasta recipe is perfectly harmonious, complementing each other to create a burst of flavor in every bite. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Your choice of pasta noodles. Spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine are excellent choices for this recipe.
- Large shrimp, deveined and peeled. Please feel free to keep the tails intact if you prefer that extra crunch and flavor.
- Garlic, onion, and dried red chilies for the aromatics.
- Diced tomato and tomato sauce to add rich, savory flavor
- Heavy cream (or evaporated milk for a low-fat option) to make up for the base of the sauce, and parmesan (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano) or mozzarella cheese.
- Adding cheese at the end is not completely necessary, but really takes the pasta to a next level. It’s without a doubt that cheese, just makes everything better.
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish. Feel free to use a dehydrated kind as well as needed as it won’t be a huge difference in taste.
Helpful tips and tricks
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw them in advance prior to your cooking session. To defrost your shrimp, simply submerge them in a bowl of cold water for about 10-15 minutes, until they are completely thawed.
- Pat them dry with paper towels, and season them with salt and pepper to maximize flavor.
- Prepare all ingredients in advance. There isn’t much needed for this recipe, and having all the ingredients prepped will ease your cooking process and ensure each component is cooked to your standards.
- Use two stovetops at once to reduce cooking time, one station to cook the pasta in, and the other for the main sauce. I like to start preparing the sauce when the noodles are added to the boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, and the timing is often perfect.
- If you prefer to prepare the pasta noodles in advance, toss them in about a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking.
This is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite pasta recipes, which made it that more exciting to share it with you all. I hope you enjoy this easy & delicious rose pasta recipe, and please leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other quick dinner recipes you may like:
- 15-Minute Garlic Spaghetti (Spaghetti Aglio E Olio)
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Italian Meatballs
- Korean-Style Shrimp Burger
- 15-Minute Pad See Ew Noodles
- Stir-Fried Bulgogi Udon Noodles
15-Minute Shrimp Rose Pasta
- 1/2 lb (15-16) large shrimp deveined and peeled
- 200 g spaghetti or your choice of pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or 1 dried red chili, crushed
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley flakes optional, for garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. Add pasta and cook until it is 1 minute shy of al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in red pepper flakes, followed by onion and tomato. Cook for about a minute, and add the shrimp.
- Before the shrimp is fully cooked, add tomato sauce and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cheese, mix to combine, and season with salt to taste. Garnish and enjoy!
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!