Brighten your morning with this Smoked Salmon and Avocado Eggs Benedict with fresh avocado, smoked salmon, and a creamy Hollandaise, all served onto English muffin halves toasted with butter. Treat yourself and your loved ones with this elegant brunch full of delightful flavor.
An elegant brunch date in the comfort of your home
Eggs benedict are absolutely iconic when it comes to a brunch date, but it can also be an expensive one to indulge in. Its costly factor was one of the reasons why I started making these homemade renditions of this dish, and this smoked salmon and avocado version is one of my absolute favorites. The flavors are wonderfully balanced from the salty smoked salmon to the fresh avocado slices and creamy hollandaise sauce.
Eggs Benedict made easier than ever!
Eggs benedict, although it can seem daunting at first, is actually very easy to make with simple ingredients I usually have on hand. Here are what you will need for this recipe:
- English muffins, split in two and toasted with butter
- 4 slices smoked salmon (I used Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon for this recipe)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 poached eggs, for serving
As you know, the key highlight of Eggs Benedict is the creamy hollandaise sauce to blanket all of its delicious components. Although this part may be daunting to some, the process can be made easy with the help of a blender and a microwave. The best part is that it is a two-step process that takes less than 5 minutes to make! It is absolutely delicious and can be paired with any of your breakfast dishes for that extra boost of comfort. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (if using salted butter, skip the added salt)
- a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper (optional)
The easy instructions have been listed below in the recipe, and I guarantee that you will be hooked on the seamless yet absolutely delicious recipe for homemade Eggs Benedict! It is easily one of my favorite brunch menus that I repeatedly come back to. An absolute treat for your guests as well. ♡ I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and have a wonderful weekend everyone! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram.
Other brunch recipes you may like:
- Shrimp and Egg Open Sandwich
- Fluffy Egg Salad Sandwich
- Crab and Avocado Sandwich
- Easy Homemade Churro Waffles
- Butter Shrimp Croissant Sandwich
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Avocado Toast with Sunny-Side Up Egg
- Classic French Toast
Smoked Salmon and Avocado Eggs Benedict
- 2 English muffins
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 large avocado sliced
- ground paprika and watercress for garnishing
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar optional
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Split the English muffins in two and lightly toast with butter.
- Bring a large pot of water (about 3/4 full) to a boil and insert vinegar. Meanwhile, place the egg in a ramekin.
- Lower the heat until the water is at a gentle simmer, and swirl around the pot with a tool to create a vortex. Add the egg to the middle of the vortex and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Repeat for the other egg, or cook them simultaneously.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and dab them on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
- In a blender container, add the egg yolks, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend for 5 seconds.
- Place the butter in a glass cup, and put in the microwave for about one minute until it reaches a light boil and completely melted. Start the blender on high speed, and slowly stream the melted butter into the egg yolk mixture.
- On a serving plate, assemble the toasted English muffin halves, sliced avocado, smoked salmon, and poached eggs in order. Slowly pour the hollandaise sauce on top and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Decorate with fresh leaves of watercress if desired and serve immediately.