This Spaghetti recipe is light yet intensely flavorful Italian classic infused with clams, garlic, and red chilies. Simmered in briny juices from the clams with a touch of spice, this dish makes for a perfect dinner treat.
How to make the perfect Spaghetti Alle Vongole
Although I love serving spaghetti noodles with the classic tomato base – this seafood dish has easily become my obsession with its light yet delightful tones. Here are some tips to achieve the perfect texture and flavor:
- Cook the spaghetti noodles for 6 minutes only – to retain the texture prior to simmering them with the flavourful broth. It’s important to set aside 1/4 cup of spaghetti boiled water for later use. To prevent sticking, drizzle some olive oil and mix with noodles.
- Sautéing the garlic, onions, and red chilies in olive oil create a heavenly base for the clams to be cooked in.
- The heavenly broth is composed of clams, white wine, and spaghetti boiled water, and it’s important to toss it around – a perfect occasion to perform the famous flambé
- As the noodles absorb the rich broth, the perfect al dente texture is achieved to be finally topped with some parsley flakes.
I hope you like the recipe as much as I do, and please do let me know of any questions in the comments below or message me on Instagram!
Other quick dinner recipes you may like:
- 10-Minute Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- Chinese Tomato Egg Stir Fry
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- Easy Shrimp Pad Thai
- 15-Minute Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Spaghetti Alle Vongole (Spaghetti with Clams)
- 160 grams spaghetti
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 500 g small hard-shell clams scrubbed
- 5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 4 dried red chilies chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup spaghetti boiled water saved during preparation
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- In 8 cups of water, add 1/2 tbsp of salt and bring to boil. Insert the spaghetti noodles and cook for 6 minutes. Strain the noodles, leaving 1/4 cup of spaghetti boiled water for later use. Sprinkle some olive oil and mix with noodles to prevent sticking.
- Insert olive oil into a skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add onions and red chilies, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add clams, white wine, and spaghetti boiled water and boil until the clams are nearly cooked.
- Slowly mix in the cooked spaghetti noodles and cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with some olive oil, chopped parsley upon preference.