This easy Starbucks passion tea lemonade recipe calls for 3 simple ingredients to make the most refreshing summer drink in the comfort of your home. Make a big batch of this delicious tea lemonade using this simple homemade recipe!
What is Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade?
I have to be honest. As much as I love Starbucks drinks I could never justify spending so much on a beverage, especially during my university days when I felt the extra need to cut back on my expenses.
On the days I wanted to treat myself though, I would always order myself a passion tea lemonade as I absolutely loved how refreshing and flavorful the drink was, and how it instantly lifted my spirits on a hot sunny day.
With temperatures at an all-time high recently, there’s nothing that I’ve been craving more than a giant cup of iced passion tea lemonade, which got me to experiment in the kitchen to recreate my favorite Starbucks drink at home.
The best part about this recipe is that it calls for simple, budget-friendly ingredients at a fraction of the cost. It is also incredibly simple to prepare, in which the only ‘work’ involved is to brew the tea using tea bags. How simple is that!
This refreshing summer drink is also caffeine-free and low in calories, making it the ultimate drink to enjoy all year round for any occasion. ツ
What is in the Starbucks Passion tea?
The most essential component of this drink is TAZO passion tea, which is an herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hip, and passion fruit.
A single box comes with 20 tea bags to yield 20 cups of tea and can be served both hot or cold.
Although I love my warm teas, the bright, tropical flavors of passion tea are truly ideal to make a refreshing cup of iced tea or iced tea lemonade to enjoy on a hot summer day.
As we will only be needing half a cup each of tea and lemonade to make a single serving of Starbucks lemonade passion tea, this recipe is truly budget-friendly and can be made in a big batch to store for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Best of all, this homemade passion tea lemonade tastes even better than the original, and will easily become your favorite drink after the first sip!
What do I need to make Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade?
Despite its sophisticated flavors, this drink is incredibly quick and easy to make and only calls for 3 simple ingredients to assemble.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Passion tea: this caffeine-free tea by TAZO is an herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hip, and passion fruit that can be found in the tea aisle at grocery stores, or on Amazon.
- You can purchase a standalone package here, or a pack of 6 here which is a much better deal if you’re looking to stock up.
- Alternatively, you can use another herbal tea that contains similar ingredients as listed above or slightly alter the flavors by using a different herbal tea, such as hibiscus tea or berry tea.
- Lemonade: homemade or store-bought will both work.
- For a store-bought option, Simply Lemonade is my all-time favorite. This non-GMO, all-natural lemonade is free of colors, artificial flavors and added preservatives, and is absolutely delicious.
- Honey: or your choice of liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, agave nectar, coffee syrup, or vanilla syrup if you would like an extra touch of vanilla in your drink.
And that’s it! All the ingredients you’ll need to make your own batch of passion tea lemonade.
How to make Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
Starbucks passion tea with lemonade is quick & easy to put together and involves a simple two-step process of brewing the tea and assembling the drink.
How to make passion tea lemonade:
- In a heat-resistant pitcher, add 3 tea bags in 3 cups of water and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and place in the fridge to cool for at least one hour, or until it is at least room temperature.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to a drinking glass and mix in an equal amount of warm water to dilute the honey. Add a handful of ice, followed by a half cup each of lemonade and passion tea. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Depending on your taste preference, you can add more lemonade or tea to taste.
This recipe will yield 3 cups of passion tea which totals 6 servings of passion tea lemonade, in which you can store any leftover tea for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy this copycat Starbucks passion tea lemonade recipe, and as usual, please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram with any questions you may have. Enjoy everyone!
Other easy drink recipes you may like:
3-Ingredient Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
To brew the tea:
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 bags Tazo passion tea
For each serving:
- 1 tsp honey or your choice of liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1/2 cup Tazo passion tea at room temperature
- In a heat-resistant pitcher, add 3 tea bags to 3 cups of water and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and place in the fridge to cool for at least one hour, or until it is at room temperature.
- To assemble your drink, add a teaspoon of honey and mix in an equal amount of warm water to dilute the honey. Add ice, followed by a half cup each of lemonade and passion tea. Stir well and enjoy!
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!
The best drink ever! Thank you Elle for sharing your wonderful recipes 🙂