This quick & easy strawberry matcha latte recipe calls for simple ingredients to make a dreamy cup of strawberry matcha latte in the comfort of your home. Made with fresh strawberries and matcha, this elegant drink will instantly brighten your day with its beautiful harmony of flavors.
What is Strawberry Matcha Latte?
Following the Dalgona craze, making cafe-inspired drinks at home still remains to be an obsession of mine and this strawberry matcha latte has been my absolute favorite drink to make during the summertime.
With Boba Guys being one of the pioneers of this trend, this has soon become my favorite drink to order at my local café, which made it the perfect occasion to recreate this drink at home to share with all of you to enjoy.
Although this drink traditionally follows a timely process of simmering the puree, this recipe is a simplified version that uses liquid sweetener instead of sugar, to make the same delicious drink within a fraction of time.
This easy strawberry matcha latte recipe calls for fresh strawberries and honey (or your choice of liquid sweetener) which will be crushed and mixed together using a masher or a fork, then layered with fresh milk (or non-dairy milk) and matcha to complete the beautiful harmony of flavors.
I’ve shared many drink recipes on the blog prior to this recipe, but this truly is by far the most visually stunning drink that I have ever made. Not only are the three layers of colors a dream to look at, but the flavors are an absolute treat to your tastebuds.
What is Matcha?
Matcha (抹茶) is a finely ground powder made from dried green tea leaves. The powdered tea is made specifically from high-quality leaves that have been shade-grown and removed from any stems or veins.
These green tea leaves are then stone-ground into a delicate fine powder, to be consumed on their own or used in a wide range of culinary dishes including baked goods, desserts, ice cream, drinks, and many others.
Matcha has surely become one of the world’s greatest culinary ingredients, and one that I like to use often as well.
Amongst the many ways that Matcha can be used, one of my favorite things to make with this golden ingredient is this matcha strawberry latte.
The slightly bitter and earthy flavors of Matcha balanced with the sweetness of fresh strawberry puree is truly a heavenly combination that you will instantly fall in love with.
What do I need to make Strawberry Matcha Latte?
Despite its sophisticated aesthetic, making your own cup of strawberry matcha latte at home is delightfully simple. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Fresh strawberries: I recommend using ripe strawberries as they are easier to crush into a puree and will yield a rich flavor. For one cup, you will only be needing 4 medium-sized strawberries.
- Honey: or your choice of liquid sweetener including maple syrup, agave nectar, or corn syrup.
- You can also use sugar, but you will need to either melt it down via a simmer or set it aside at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to ensure the sugar is melted into the puree.
- Matcha powder: any brand will work, but using high-quality organic matcha will yield the best results in terms of color and taste. You will only need a teaspoon of matcha per cup.
- If you prefer your matcha mixture to be extra frothy, I recommend using a handheld frother like this to mix your matcha with the hot water.
- Milk: to serve. Please feel free to use your preferred choice of milk including non-dairy alternatives such as almond or soy milk. I would just ensure that you are using an unsweetened kind to balance the sweet strawberry puree.
- Ice: to serve.
And that’s it! All you need to make your own dreamy cup of strawberry matcha latte at home. I hope this recipe brightens your day, and as always, please leave me a comment below or send me a message on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other drink recipes you may like:
- 3-Ingredient Brown Sugar Boba
- Dalgona Matcha Latte
- 3-Ingredient Korean Strawberry Milk
- Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- 4-Ingredient Taro Milk Tea
- Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea
5-Minute Strawberry Matcha Latte
- 4 (1/2 cup) ripe strawberries stems removed
- 2 tbsp honey or your choice of liquid sweetener (see notes below)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk dairy or plant-based
- 1/2 cup ice to serve
- Add strawberries into a bowl, and crush them into a purée using a wire masher or a fork. Add honey and mix to combine.
- Whisk matcha in hot water until frothy, using a handheld frother or a whisk.
- To assemble, add the strawberry puree (adjust the amount to your desired sweetness), ice, milk, and matcha in order. Serve immediately and enjoy!
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!