This Sweet Potato Latte is the ultimate treat to warm up in the cold weather with its cozy and delicate flavors. Popular in many Korean cafes, this velvety smooth latte is an absolute staple of mine to indulge throughout the winter season. Make this comforting drink today in just a few minutes using this easy two-step recipe!
What is a Sweet Potato Latte?
Sweet Potato Latte (also known as Goguma latte 고구마라떼) is one of the most popular fall/winter drinks served in South Korean cafes. It is made with roasted (or steamed) sweet potatoes, milk, and a hint of sweetener to elevate the taste. Despite it being called a latte, this drink does not contain any coffee, which makes it ideal for anyone.
Its velvety smooth texture and delicate fragrance of sweet potatoes are the highlights of this cozy drink and one that is highly addictive! The best part is that you can make this drink at home easily with a handful of ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- Roasted or steamed Korean sweet potatoes (which are purple on the outside with a butter-colored flesh, use this image for reference). They are sold in bulk at Korean grocery stores, and truly one of my favorite things on earth! These sweet potatoes have an amazing natural sweetness that allows them to be steamed and served on their own. No honey or sweetener needed!
- My go-to method is to bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for about an hour at 400°F or use a steamer. Any method works, so please choose a method that’s most convenient for you. Prior to use in the drink, ensure the sweet potato is thoroughly cooked and peeled.
- Milk (can be substituted with non-dairy milk if preferred)
- Honey, maple syrup, or any other form of sweetener
- A pinch of salt to bring out the flavors
- Ground cinnamon and sliced almonds (or chopped nuts) for garnish, optional but recommended
The key to this recipe is the smooth velvety texture of the latte, so you will be using a blender to mix all the ingredients together. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this soothing drink in the comfort of your own home.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions. Stay warm everyone!
Other Drink recipes you may be interested in:
- Brown Sugar Boba
- Dalgona Matcha Latte
- Brown Sugar Dalgona Milk Tea
- Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake
Sweet Potato Latte
- 1 150g medium-sized Korean sweet potato roasted or steamed, and peeled
- 2 cups milk substitute with almond or soy milk if needed
- 1 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or sugar adjust based on preference
- 1 pinch salt
- sliced almond and ground cinnamon for garnishing
- Add sweet potato, milk, honey, and salt into a blender on high until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot on medium heat, and simmer for about a minute until it is warm and frothy.
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!