This Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake is rich and flavourful, with fresh and chewy tapioca pearls to satisfy your boba cravings. Topped with whipped cream, this drink makes for a perfect treat for any time of the day, made from the comfort of your home!
What consists of Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake?
Although there are many ways to enjoy bubble tea, one of my favorite kinds aside from a standard sweetened milk tea is Taro. All you need to replicate this delightful flavoring from home is a package of taro powder sold at a local Asian grocery store, and a can of condensed milk to add to the sweet and rich taste.
This drink can be made as a standard milk tea, but especially in the summer, I like to blend in some ice for that ultra-refreshing sensation.
The first time I made bubble tea at home, I grew an instant fondness of homemade tapioca pearls as the freshness could not be replicated at stores. It’s also an inexpensive way to enjoy bubble tea as it can be very costly to buy this drink at stores.
Fresh, chewy tapioca pearls add a delightful texture and taste to any drink, especially complimenting well the light and sweet flavor of Taro.
- To cook the boba, insert 2 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Insert tapioca pearls, and reduce the heat to medium-low and stir gently. Boil for 10 minutes. Check back and reduce the heat to low, and gently simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let pearls sit for 10 minutes, and transfer into a container of liquid sugar to chill.
- To make liquid sugar from scratch, combine 1 cup of white granulated sugar with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 4-5 minutes until the consistency becomes thick, and let chill in a fridge. Use anytime to add sweetness.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please leave me a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other drink recipes you may like:
- Easy Homemade Iced Coffee
- Dalgona Matcha Latte
- Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- Sweet Potato Latte
- Korean Strawberry Milk
Taro Bubble Tea Milkshake
- 80 grams tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water
- liquid sugar
- 3 tbsp taro powder
- 1 cup milk can be substituted with almond or soy milk
- 1/2 cup green tea strongly brewed
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium pot, insert 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Insert tapioca pearls, and reduce the heat to medium-low and stir gently. Boil for 10 minutes. Check back and reduce the heat to low, and gently simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let pearls sit for 10 minutes, and transfer into a container of liquid sugar to chill.
- In a blender, combine taro powder, milk, strongly brewed tea, ice, and condensed milk. Shake around to mix and blend for about 20-30 seconds until the ice is blended in. Adjust sweetness with liquid sugar.
- In a cup, insert tapioca, taro smoothie, whipped cream and some taro powder for decoration. Serve right away.