These melt-in-your-mouth Peanut Butter Cookies are incredibly soft, chewy, and full of peanut butter flavor, which makes them the perfect treat for any occasion. This quick and easy recipe calls for simple ingredients from your pantry to make a delicious batch of cookies that is sure to become a new family favorite.
Soft & chewy peanut butter cookies
I’m an absolute sucker for cookies that are crumbly on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. This combination is absolutely heaven-sent and creates a texture that instantly melts in your mouth. Peanut butter cookies have recently become one of my favorite treats as they are so incredibly easy to make but so full of flavor and texture. After trying all sorts of different methods and ingredients to perfect the best-ever peanut butter cookie recipe, I’ve finally perfected the most heavenly taste and texture that a peanut butter cookie can have. Without further ado, here are the list of ingredients you will need:
- unsalted butter, softened at room temperature. You can also use shortening as well, but I personally prefer using butter as the base for its flavor.
- brown sugar for the chewy texture and white sugar fort the slightly crispy edges
- creamy peanut butter for the melt-in-your-mouth smooth texture
- egg and vanilla extract, for extra flavor and moisture
- all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt to activate the dough
Tips to achieve the ultra-soft texture
These cookies have an irresistibly soft texture that makes them to be as perfect as they are. Here are some tips to nail the perfect texture for your peanut butter cookies:
- If you’d like the cookies to be extra crunchy, you can also use crunchy peanut butter to replace the creamy counterpart. Feel free to add some chopped peanuts as well If you prefer.
- Use room-temperature eggs and butter. Softened butter (not melted) will ease the creaming process, and ensuring the egg is at room temperature will help disperse more evenly into the batter, giving these cookies a lighter texture. Take both these ingredients out of the fridge about 30 minutes before use.
- For even-sized cookies, use a cookie scoop to spoon the dough, roll the dough into a ball, then use a fork to make a crisscross pattern. You can also customize the thickness of the cookies in this process, pushing down the fork with more pressure if you want a thinner cookie. I prefer my cookies to be a bit thicker, but it’s totally up to your preference.
- Do not overbake. The highlight of this recipe is its soft and chewy texture – and baking them for too long will make the cookies dry and overly crunchy. I found that 10 minutes in 350 degrees F, until they are slightly golden brown, makes the perfect texture. Don’t worry if they look slightly underbaked when taking them out, as they will set while cooling.
- If you have leftover dough, these peanut butter cookies freeze very well to bake at a later time. Simply roll them into balls and store in an airtight storage bag and pop them in the freezer. When you are ready to bake, lay them out on a baking sheet and let sit for a bit, to flatten with a fork.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as it’s one that holds a dear place in my heart. Please feel free to leave a comment below or message me on Instagram if you have any questions!
Other Dessert recipes you may like:
- Ultra-Moist Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Vanilla Madeleines
- Churro Waffles
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 g) light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1 cup (250 g) peanut butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Use a cookie scoop to spoon the dough, roll the dough into a ball, then use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
♥ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a 5-star rating or leave a comment below to share your experience, or tag @cookerru on Instagram to showcase your creations!